Thursday 21 May 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy......

I have been getting on with my new Granny Square blanket as the little men are going to sleep at a reasonable time. I'm delighted with the way it is going & I have been able to do about 3 or 4 in an evening. I find it so relaxing to crochet away on these little beauties, I am going to do a wide crochet border once they are sewn together.


Rowan yarns are a delight to work with & I've been knitting with it for over 20 years. I used to knit a lot of jumpers & cardies designed by Annabel Fox but she seems to have stopped designing. I also really like Kim Hargreaves as her designs are easy to wear.

There used to be a wool shop in West Malling years ago that was owned by a fantastic Canadian lady called Dorothy who sold Rowan when it first came out and was hard to find. Mum & I used to visit nearly very Saturday & we became good friends. Looking back we must have spent a fortune as we very rarely came away empty handed !!


I have also being getting on with my Ripple blanket. I know that I have said this before but I am really pleased with how it is coming along. I'm trying to stick to these two projects so that I can get them fininshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment