Monday 3 August 2009

A Day By The Sea ......

It was a lovely summer's day yesterday, so we packed up a picnic & loaded the car with towels, buckets & spades & headed off for Winchelsea Beach.
As I have said before Winchelsea is a favorite of ours, it is a little gem of seaside fun without the crowds & herdy gerdy of Arcades & fish & chip shops.

We timed it that we arrived when the tide was going out revealing a lovely sandy beach.


We ate our picnic & then little man No.2 & I went for a walk along the shore searching for sea shells, while little man No.1 stay with mum digging for treasure. The water was surprisingly warm & I wished I had brought our swimming costumes.




After a long walk paddling & shell hunting the little men & I built sand castles. We were covered in sand, but what fun !!





There are holiday cottages only 50 yards from the beach, I love this one. I would be as happy as larry if I could send the summer living there!
By 5.30pm it was getting chilly so we packed up & made the journey home. Hopefully we will have more warm sunny days over the holidays to visit the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment