Friday 2 October 2009

Harvest Festival .......

Today was the little men's harvest festival. I love all the different festivals & I think the little people do too.
I am not a religious person but I am spiritual. I have a thing for churches & cathedrals, I find them so peaceful & I love to walk around graveyards reading the old grave stones wondering what the people were like in life. I have a particular love for our village church, my first memory as a child is the church bells ringing. When I am in the village shopping I sometimes walk around the churchyard & sit under the trees & relax.

One of the beautiful stained glass windows inside the church ::



At the little men's school all the young ones have an older 'buddy' who looks out for them, which I think is a great idea. Here is little man no 1. with his buddy, bless !!



The little men's class sang ' One Potato, Two Potato' they all looked so diddy & cute standing in front of the alter not really knowing what to do. They had a long applause from all the parents when they finished. I find these moments so special & are to be cherished forever !!

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ I found you via the Attic 24 Flickr group and thought I would pop over and say hello! I love your ripple blanket and your lovely granny square bed cover too ~ the colours in both are gorgeous and work really well together :O)

    ReplyDelete