Monday 17 May 2010

African Flowers ........

I am inspired by many clever ladies who show off their knitting & crochet on the web. One is the lovely Lucy at Attic24 who inspired me to pick up a crochet hook two years ago & learn how to crochet properly after years of only being able to do granny squares. Another talented lady is the wonderful Elizabeth Cat, who has just started her own blog. If you haven't already had a look I highly recommend that you do.


Her work is amazing & she seems to start & complete projects at an incredible rate. One project that she has shared is the African Flower pattern. Wow, what a gorgeous pattern & so so easy & quick to do.


There are so many colour combinations, just have a look at the flikr site 'Crocheting African Flowers'. I am making a cushion cover to start with & I am hooked (excuse the pun ! ) I just love making these pretty flowers. This is my progress so far, I only started on Friday evening, to make the cushion round I am crocheting in between each hexagon.


4 comments:

  1. Very nice your blog, your beautiful crochet.
    Greetings from Uruguay.
    Xime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tania....
    Welcome to the obsession! Your flowers are gorgeous and you have done so much since Friday. They are so easy to make and do work up fast don't they?
    Look forward to seeing your pillow on Flickr.
    Marilyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers. I first saw these on Flickr, Elizabeth Cat's photostream.I ordered the Japanese book she showed. It is fabulous! And now I am obsessed with these beautiful flowers. I am going to start this week. Got my book, my yarn, I'm ready to go. I've been crocheting since age of 13, so that's 50 years. But ya'll have me beat I think. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work and blog is lovely. I found you via Lucy's blog and like you love to crochet.I'll be back :-)

    ReplyDelete