Thursday 24 March 2011

A Granny Blanket for Little Man No 1. Ta-Da !!!!!!!


Well I said I had some hooky projects to share with you, so here is the first one !




I actually finished this little blanket about an hour ago, & I must say I am very pleased with it ( she says smugly !!! )


It is for Little Man No.1's bed & for snuggling under while he watches telly !! My little men love to snuggle & I am more than happy to oblige them by making lovely colourful blankets.


Once again I have used yarn from my stash. This is a mixture of different DK Wools, I don't have the ball bands anymore but I think most of it is Wendy Gold Award DK & Sirdar Legend DK. I bought this wool years ago from a Knitting shop that was closing down for £1.00 per ball !!!!

I can't wait for Little Man No.1 to see it when he gets back from school, I just need to finish Little Man No.2's now !

Bye for now ♥

*********************************************

2 comments:

  1. Really nice colours. I seem to have spent most of the day trying to sort out stuff instead of gardening. And I thought that if I just made a square at a time, sticking to roughly the same colours then maybe I can get through my stash and then I would NEED to get more wool, but colours that I choose (most of my stash has been gifted from a friends Mum who used to own a wool shop and some of them are not what I would normally go for but I was so lucky I want to make them into something that I can always remember her. Sorry to waffle!! Did you join as your went or did you sew them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are back, I love your little blog and I have been checking every day since Christmas.Your work is absolutely beautiful and I love your blankets, how on earth do you manage to make so many!!! I dont have a blog but my name is Babs (nannybabs on ravelry)

    ReplyDelete