Tuesday 28 April 2009

House For Sale.......

The "For Sale" sign went up outside our house yesterday. Seeing it go up brought a lot of mixed emotions, sadness, anger, nervousness, excitement and a sort of relief.

My ex partner & I bought the house nearly 6 years ago. It was our second step up the property ladder & we were very happy & excited to move to this village as it is such a lovely place to live & to bring up children. The house wasn't "our dream home" but it was a good solid family house & was a step nearer to where we wanted to end up ie. a pretty country cottage.

It is such a shame that those dreams are now broken, we where together for 10 years & I loved him very much. I am trying to turn a bad situation into a good one by thinking that it is another new chapter in my life & a fresh start. The main thing is I have my little men, they give me such joy ( & sometimes grief !!!! ) & we have a very close relationship.

Moving is not new to me, I have moved house 18 times in my life & lived in Canada for just over a year when I was 7. Even there my parents moved twice, Penticton & Kamloops which are in BC. My mum couldn't stand the cold winters so she & I came back I . My father still lives in Canada with my step mum & half brother & sister.

I hope I haven't been too depressing, & as the saying goes " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tania
    Lovely to read through your blog...welcome to Blogland!
    oooo I have been drooling over your yarn!!!! The Rowan Dk wool is scrumptious isn't it, how does it compare to the cascade? Is it softer? i always imagined the cascade to be quite woolly-scratchy, although not sure why??!

    My first granny blanket was also made with patons dk..your squares look gorgeous btw.

    Hope life continues on the up for you...
    Love lucexxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tania, I can imagine seeing the sign go up was a tough day for you. But I have a feeling that you will be just fine in time. You are a strong lady, with your little men and wonderful friends to help you through. Sending you hugs, Bertie x.

    ReplyDelete