Saturday 13 June 2009

Wool & Cake ......

Look at this lovely skein of Manos Wool Clasica I pulled out of my rather large stash of yarn. The colour is 6422 & I have 3 skeins, enough to make another scarf.

On Wednesday it was my little cousin's 18th Birthday. She is having her party tonight & asked if I would make a cake for her, how could I refuse. I made one of my favorites which I made up a few moths ago for another family celebration.


Tanski's Black Forest Cake
Cake
8oz SR Flour
8oz Caster Sugar
8oz Butter/ Marg
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 oz Cocoa
4 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Camp Coffee
Topping
Double Cream, whipped
1/2 tin of Cherry Filling
Preheat oven to 180 oc.
Mix all the ingredients together & add cold water to make a dropping consistency. Pour mixture into a greased & floured 10" cake tin. Bake for about 45-50 mins.
Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a cooling tray. Once completely cold cover with cream & top with cherry filling. Best eaten with a fork !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment