Monday 14 September 2009

Birthday Baking ......

Today is my ......... 42nd birthday. If I say it quick enough it may not sound so bad !!!!

Sadly my little man no.1 is poorly with an upset tummy, so as I am confined to the house I thought I would do some baking. I love making apple scone this time of year but I thought I would try something a little different. Instead of apple I used plums & I must say they are really yummy, just warm with lashings of butter.

Here is the receipt if you would like to make some, I promise you won't be disappointed.

PLUM SCONES

  1. 8oz SR Flour
  2. 1 tsp Baking Powder
  3. Pinch of Salt
  4. 2oz Butter
  5. 2oz Caster or Demerara Sugar
  6. 1/4 pint of Milk
  7. 5-6 Plums coarsely chopped

Pre heat oven to 200oc, GM6

Sift together SR flour, salt & baking powder. Rub in butter, then add sugar & chopped plums. Add milk slowly to make a soft, but not sticky dough. Roll out dough to 5mm thickness, then using cutters cut out scones.

Place on greased baking sheet, brush tops with milk & sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for 20-25 mins.

Serve warm with butter.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, yum, yum !!! You can replace the plums with any fruit, I'm going to try them with dates & apricots next time.

1 comment:

  1. Many Happy Returns for yesterday - sorry one of your little men isn't well and only hope the other doesn't go down with it! (however they usually do.) Love the grannies -very pretty colours - keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete