Thursday 3 September 2009

New Books To Add To My Ever Increasing Collection .......

I have been addicted to crime/murder books both true & fiction for as long as I can remember. In fact if my memory serves me correctly it started when I was 12 when my Auntie Jaquie lent me "Forty Years of Murder" by Prof Keith Simpson. I was hooked from the first chapter, my mother was horrified to find me reading such a graphic book & the book 'went missing' never to be seen again before I could finish it. Four years later my mother & stepfather bought it for me for my 16th Birthday & I read it from cover to cover.

When I was at school I was seriously thinking of having a career in forensics or criminology but my life took a different path, so I read about it instead. My school friends used to think I was morbid to have such an interest but I just find it fascinating. I have over 40 books on true crime/murder & over 60 fiction.



Over the last week I have been adding to my collection as the sales are now on & how could I pass by the chance to 'buy 2 get one free' & 'buy 2 for £7.00'.

I have all of Patrica Cornwell's, Karin Slaughter's & Kathy Reich's books & have just got into Tess Gerritsen.



Looking at all my new books it almost makes me feel that Autumn & Winter can come along & I wont care, I will have my new blankets to snuggle under while I read, knit & crochet away the dark evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment