Monday 21 December 2009

Trying To Stay Warm ........

My goodness it's brass monkey's outside !!
.
After all the excitement of the first snowfall of winter we are staying indoors trying to stay warm with lots of hot chocolate & the heating cranked right up.
.

Our village has been hit badly by this snowy weather, not a gritter lorry in sight for 3 days now & no milk or bread deliveries. Luckily I stocked up with both on Thursday but I have now run out of bread.




.
The little men have kept themselves amused most of the time & made this lovely snow scene using some white tissue paper & little wooden snowmen & train, bless them !!
.
.
Yesterday we did venture out to walk to our local shop for some more supplies, less bread & milk, & it was treacherous under foot. Coming back I slipped & fell over yet again, luckily only my pride was hurt.
.
Once back indoors I made hot drinks to thaw us out & brought down some blankets for us to snuggle under on the sofa while we watched Dumbo & The Grinch & of course we all fell asleep !!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and your nice comment.
    I have loved the snow, everything is so bright and quiet.
    Your little men look adoreable as does the reindeer!
    wishing you a very merry Christmas.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete